Sunday, January 08, 2006

Tomorrow

Tomorrow my oldest and dearest will travel to Kansas City to join the Air Force. This has been a LONG journey- several years to be exact. If she had joined when she first considered it- she would be almost out right now.
Now is a good time for her to go though. The war is winding down. The need for her skills are still high. And she has traveled just about every alternative road that was open to her. Her dad and I basically pushed her to this decision, but we both think it will be best for her in the long run.
I have been doing the laundry all day, cleaning the house, sort of getting ready. I am very nervous about her leaving. It is a passage of sorts. When she was away at college I knew she would be home at every available break. This time she will not be home for a year.
Life will really change for me.
I will miss her tremendously.
Still, I will encourage her with everything I have. I love her and want only the best for her. Growing up will provide that stage to develop into the wonderful human being that she already is.

No comments: