Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Home

I drive around the corner and down the drive and I am home. Sometimes the turkeys spread in front of me. Often Scott lets the dogs out the door to greet me. For the first time in my life, I feel at home in this place. It is not that the house is exceptional. The ground is not sacred. But in the morning, I look out the front window and just feel the peace of this place. There is no corner that I do not feel welcome, or gully that does not call me. Home is a space in my heart that has always had a bit of a sense of fear- but there is no fear here. What is it about the sky blue and particular morning pinks that just say, "this is where you belong- home".... Maybe it is time to get out my art again and play with the colors I remember loving as a very young child with my dad and Nana.

No comments: