Saturday, October 06, 2007

On the Feast



Our little Nicholas was born on the feast of the guardian angels. Appropriate. He is a good baby and we can already tell that he has an excellent angel to guide him. He sleeps a good amount of time and wakes just in time for all of us to sleep :>)




School is a challenge to me. Two years seems to be the maximum that a work evironment appeals to me. I do not know what it is about my personality. Am I a perfectionist living in a slob body? If it cannot be perfect - I have a difficult time letting it just be. Dropping my special ed class was a sign to me that I was all ready to let go of this part of my life. It really isn't what I want to do. It seems that I am good at it- but I am- in no uncertain terms- able to control it. Kids are too unpredictable and I cannot fix what they most need.I am not sure if I should push through this aspect of my life- or just roll with it knowing that God always seems to put something new in my path.




I left teaching before. I think it was good to return, but I am ready to leave it again. My desire to share information can be done in a different manner. Figuring out how is the challenge....


There is a shop that has come up for sale in downtown Junciton City. I am considering purchasing it. It is in a good location and seems to be in good repair. Maybe that is my next road.....



At least I know that I am here in Kansas for a reason. The sunsets and walks in the tall grass are more pleasing then anything I have experienced before. Calmness surrounds every aspect. There is something exceptional about feeling the warm, humid air on my cheeks and walking my grandson out to see the play house. Painting continually comes to mind.... I do, really, miss my artistic friends.


Relax-The next part of life will simply come.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Janette, any thoughts about what kind of shop you might open?

Roz said...

Congratulations on the birth of your grandson! What a perfect little boy :) You must all be thrilled to bits!

Janette said...

Michelle-
We do not have a Christian book store, a baby shop, an education shop, or a shop for homeschoolers to meet and chat....a good combo?

Michelle said...

Janette, it sounds wonderful! Maybe you could have a coffee shop so mom's could have a cup of coffee while perusing the store? You could start a book club too! Oh, please let me know if you do this! Sounds awesome!