Saturday, November 10, 2007

And the days grow shorter





Scott now spends his many hours caring for the land and the house. He is SO content in that. Life is good for him as he gets on his John Deere knock off and cruises around the fields to trim down one more tree. Today he is filling in cracks in the driveway. The turkeys follow him around waiting for a hand out.


I don't know many people who would enjoy such an adventure.

Fall is here. So awe taking. Even from my classroom window the leaves are inspiring. What God does to the landscape.



I remember my dad telling me that he thought God had a paint pallet in heaven and played with the orange and reds in the fall.

The colors I remember so well were always in Oak Creek Canyon. Maybe that is why I am so fond of Kansas. Quite, rain, streams, trees that turn colors.

hose times are the closest to my spiritual center as anything else that I can think of in my youth.

No comments: