Saturday, January 05, 2008

Patron for the year

There is a site where you can ask for intervention and selection of a Saint for your year.
I have not been diligent in my participation of my religion in the last year and I am attempting to get on a better foot this year. So I asked http://hicatholicmom.blogspot.com/ to find my Saint.
She came back with St Casimir. Hummmm - a polish saint who was charming and followed the faith carefully. He died young- just before he was to assume the throne of his land. So...what does that have to do with me?
My first search brought me here:http://www.stcasimir.org/ It turns out that this Franciscian parish is in...Baltimore (where my daughter and family live). Not only is in Baltimore- but it is about a mile from my Irish ancestrial home! My father's family lived in that area for over 100 years.
It is also interesting that the parish in Baltimore has a school named for my son's patron- Father Kolbe.
My second search brought me to Wikapedia. The last sentence was this:

On June 11, 1948 Pope Pius XII named Saint Casimir the special patron of all youth.

I have been working hard on discerning whether to go back to teaching what I love (Social Studies) or continue teaching what I am good at (Special Ed). I think God is telling me to listen a bit more....to Him:>)

No comments: