Monday, June 30, 2008

I need some help


These are four of the fabrics I brought back from Hawaii. Here is what I need help with. I will put one of them in my bedroom. It will be the second set for that room so I can wash and let air the fabric I bought three years ago. I love how the fabric frames the window in my bedroom (the closest neighbors are now the horses on the back land.)






The other three I plan to use in my classroom. The room is quite large (for me). I need two curtains 30"x22" and two 30"x 32" (2x2 in the in the front corner of the room- so it is essentually 30"x54" for each window pannel). The second would be for a mock bulliten board- right next to the window behind my desk. I never sit at my desk during student time- it is where I do planning. I only have it in the front because I spend many hours planning and I need natural light! That area could be floor to ceiling - or anything in between. The last piece would be for my bulliten board in the front. It is 42" square. I will be doing a "rewards board" there.

So, again - here are the choices.








What do you think?

7 comments:

dinagirl19 said...

Hey good lookin! Paul and Luke both liked the turtle one the best for curtains (they made no comment for your house!) They also were split on the second choice. Luke liked the turquoise flower print and Paul liked the darker one with the vertical vine. I liked them all. My thought is to pick the one for your bedroom, and use the others in your classroom. Let me know what you decide!! Di

Carrie said...

I think the one with the turtles would make an awesome bulletin board.

I agree with dinagirl19 - pick the one for your bedroom first and then use the others for your class room. I am betting that your students will love the look.

Michelle said...

Janette, my favorite pick for your bedroom would be the fabric in the upper lefthand corner (the one with the maile lei). That's gorgeous fabric!

cath said...

ok - well this will take some thought... but first I want to say I LOVE your photo heading on your blog - and your ID photo, FUN!

back to the material... I am not sure I understand where you need to use them but definitely the turtles for a bulletin board and the light colored / pastel print for curtains...

now bedroom curtains - I think the darker blue with the vine (not to fussy for a master bedroom) and I like the darker blue because it reminds me of the deep blue sea water - soothing for a bedroom - ahhh

all for now :)

Renee said...

I like either of those on the left for a bedroom

De'Etta @ Choosing Joy said...

I like left bottom for your bedroom....have you picked yet?

Janette said...

Well,
I still have not decided. I am planning on hanging a few of them in the windows next week. Light will be important- as will appeal to the groups:>) Thank you for your input!
I really like the two left for my beroom and the two right for the classroom....