Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Obama

I know that some of you do not like Obama. I agree that he does not get close to my opinion on abortion. My question comes- what have the Republicans done about abortion. I contest NOTHING. I have voted for a Republican for years on the basis of this question- and the Democrats in congress are much more likely to vote for limiting abortion than Republicans.....
Anyway....
No matter how you feel on his stance- he is an AMAZING speaker. He is what I wish so many of the politicians were- genuine. His spirit is so high. You can see his light and it is not fake. After his speech last night his wife said to him (I am great at lip reading), "That was good", and he gently said back,"thank you", and gave her a kiss on the cheek.
Don't you think we NEED that type of person running our country?
I do.

6 comments:

cath said...

I saw that too - it touched my heart even more than when he dedicated the win to his Grandmother and he thanked Michelle and his daughters by name.

Hope! Hope is in the air... sigh.

gashling said...

I couldn't agree more! I think he is very inspriring to my generation to actually do something with their lives, no matter what it may be.

Elena said...

As an Illinois senator, Obama voted not once, but twice against the survivor of abortion bill. That bill would mandate that if a child was born alive, despite attempts to abort it, that it must receive medical care instead of being allowed to simply die. Obama said that to vote for that bill would give those babies "personhood" and give more of a burden to women.

Change indeed... not all change is good.

Janette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janette said...

I removed my own comment:>)
I looked up your information Elena. You were correct. The question of abortions lay heavily on my mind- but as mentioned before I have voted for the "pro life" candidate for the last 20 years. This President had the stance AND the congress to pass something- and did not. I choose this time to vote for the more "pro life" person- whom- at this point looks like- Obama. I would have voted for Edwards if he had stayed in- but I do not think he could affect the change that really has to happen to stop the rift between rich and poor.

Joanna said...

I just happened by, and wanted to encourage you- I'm pro-life, and I've been frustrated that the "pro-life" candidates have done nothing- and I appreciate the common ground we can all work toward of reducing abortions... and there are so many other issues to vote on, I refuse to be a one-issue voter. That said, I'm for Obama, too, and I'm glad you're giving him a chance! I wish more people were open minded about it.