Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What is it to be a Grandmother

A Grandmother- it does not seem possible. I remember my mother saying, "I never feel over 40." Now, I am in those shoes. I don't remember becoming old enough to have a daughter get married. And now there is the baby!

I just want to do everything I can to make sure the next generation has what it needs to be the best. Here is this child. He is so precious. He is so attached to his mommy. He will need so much love to grow into the man who can change a small piece of the world for the better.

The amazing thing is that he uses his sign language to call for Jen- but when he is verbal it is dadadadada. To me that means that he is so secure that his mommy is close enough to "hear" his sign for her- that he has no need to call her verbally. Nicholas pulls in everything. He just is bright and shining and interested and shy. Those eyes are always watching and he can hear the slightest comment:>)

What is my role? Love, Love, love. Support, support, support. Teach, teach, teach. They are such a wonderful family. I am so glad that I could be with them and they could be with my mom.

Yes, Hawaii was wonderful. I spent my six months of allowance on little tiny things. The result of the trip was priceless- time with my mother, my daughter, my son in law and...my grandbaby!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Being a grandma is so awesome! I enjoy Kayden so much more than I did my own children. Most likely because I am older, wiser and don't have the stressors I did with them. Happy to hear Hawaii was great......I am SO jealous!!

De'Etta @ Choosing Joy said...

What a precious grandbaby! I'm waiting... a few more years. LOL

Michelle said...

Janette, Nicholas is absolutely adorable!

I'm so glad you were able to spend this time with your growing family. Precious memories!