Sunday, August 03, 2008

Meme on books

I was over at MorningRamble and she had picked up this meme. I decided to go for it myself.
Do you remember how you developed a love of reading?
No. I read my first book Mr Jay when I was about nine. I did read more when my mom found a young historical biography set of books.
I came to enjoy reading only after traveling many hours alone as an adult.

What are some books you loved as a child?
Historical fiction- Young Betsy Ross....

What is your favorite genre?
Historial/ Political Science Fiction

Do you have a favorite novel?
Seven Story Mountain

Where do you usually read?
On the couch, in a car, on an airplane.

When do you usually read?
When I am in the mood or HAVE to for an assignment or personal need.

Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
Only when I am doing research at the same time as I am reading a historical fiction.

Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
Yes. Non fiction I read in bites. Fiction I read quickly and straight through.

Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
Whaaa- I buy them. My library stinks!

.Do you keep most of the books you buy?
May I show you my book room-lol.

If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them?
My children never were into historical fiction. Instead I sought to buy them whatever they were interested in. My son loved Goosebumps. My daughter the Traveling Pants series. We share book titles now. My son had me listen to one this summer that he suggested- about a Scientist who became convinced of the exisitance of God....excellent.

What are you reading now?
A Brad Thor novel and Susie Orzman's book on Women and Money (again) and Ron Blue's Master Your Money (again) and the text I will begin to teach from next week. I guess I do read more than one book at a time.

Do you keep a To Be Read list?
Yes- loosely

What’s next?
My sister suggested a few yesterday- The People of the Book. Now I have to have my hubby find a copy on Amazon!

What books would you like to reread?
I could read the Anne of Green Gables a thousand times. I already mentioned my finance books and then there is Henri Nowean and Leo Buscaglia - his book on Love is forever in my path.

Who are your favorite authors?
Right now- Brad Thor and Vincent Flynn.
I already mentioned my life changing authors- Nowean and Buscaglia

5 comments:

Renee said...

Janette,
Have you tried www.bookmooch.com ?
It's a great way to get books for "free" esp with an inadequate library....

Cat said...

You read like I do--fiction straight through and non-fiction in "bites". Just found your blog from a comment you left on mine a couple of months ago.

RAnn said...

Have you considered Bookmooch?

Michelle said...

Janette, I've found quite a few books on bookmooch.com for my kids and for me.

Janette said...

I just do not seem to have the energy to go into one more place to look for anything. Maybe I will do book mooch again when school is settled.
Thanks for the reminding. I love all of your blogs about what you read.