Saturday, August 16, 2008

What a whirlwind!

First week of teaching! After the baby scare, I was not too keen about being far away from the phone. I felt calm though- and the baby seems fine.

I have 102 students this year. It is the first time in seven years I have been in charge of a classroom. Getting used to all of the personalities is a feat. Repeating myself four times in a day without getting boring is even more difficult. My position has me teaching the same thing to four different classes. Change up is not in the cards- since we have three sets of twins.

You should have seen their eyes with Google Earth. It was the first time I experienced a bunch of kids whipping out a pencil to write down information on their own.

Monday we begin a project of finding their vacation spot on a map and on Google earth. They then have to write or draw (or for some art phobia people like me- find a picture) about where they went and where they would like to go in the future. Imaginations run wild- that is the key!

1 comment:

imbeingheldhostage said...

oooh, that sounds like a great end-of-summer project for my kids!

Thank you for coming by, I'm glad to meet another military wife and eager to read what it's like to finally put down roots.
I'm sorry for your baby scare too--btw, I can't imagine how frightening something like that would be.