Saturday, September 20, 2008

A beautiful day

After the gloom of last night, I got up early.
Sitting outside I came to admire my dad's roses. My dad never saw these rose bushes, but he planted so many like them I have come to think of them as a sign that he is here with me at this house.
Then I thought about the pictures of the sunset on the way home from school last week that I never really looked at. I do love living here.















I proceded to the post yard sale and found the perfect toy for my grandson (when he comes to visit). Yes, I am indeed in the right place. I do have enough!

2 comments:

ancient one said...

Hello,
Thanks for coming by my blog and helping answer the questions I had about those store windows.

Now, I think I'll hang around and read some more of your blog. Your roses are beautiful and that sunset is spectacular!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

What a lovely spot I have been led to -- thank you for coming by to see me and leaving a trail so I could come see you.

I love the simple beauty and deep thinking about the ordinary, because the ordinary grows extraordinary right before our very eyes when we stop and ponder the beauty of a rose, a child's chubby fist, or a brilliant sunset. God uses the lowly to confound the wise over and over again ... just as He promised. My greatest failings in life have come about because of hurry and future expectation.

It IS a beautiful day! Thank you for sharing it with me. : )