Thursday, November 27, 2008

Conversations

I has a conversation last night that left me in a terribly negative mood. This morning I am up early thinking and beginning to change my mood by thinking of what I am grateful for.
My husband is healthy. He is up and around and building something (I have no idea what it is). He is a joy to be around even when I am a grouch. He loves being home and taking care of things. We have been through some tough times, but he is still here with me and I with him. Twenty eight years ago yesterday he asked me to marry him. What a journey it has been.
My children- all three of them- are so dear to me that no words could explain the love I have for them. I am proud of who they are and where they chose to grow. I miss them terribly on days like today.

My sisters are loving people. I have three sisters that I am close to- two by birth and one by marriage. I thank God for them. We laugh and cry together. One is still rather shy, but we are coming closer. We each have had a journey that none of us expected. I am grateful for their presence in my life and their willingness to let me be a part of theirs.

My mother is healthy and trying to find her way without my dad and that is a difficult task. I am grateful that I still have her. Some of my friends have no living parents,what a bummer. I look forward to spending time with mom and laughing at the greatgrandbaby with her.

My home is where my heart lies and right now that is in Kansas. As much as I would like to live near my children, I know we are blessed with this beauty and land for a reason. I just have to figure out what that reason is:>)There is not a day that goes by that I do not love the beauty that surrounds me. Actually, I am surprised that I enjoy the peacefulness of the Midwest as much as I do. The dogs are all a part of the joy that I feel daily in awakening in such a wonderful place.
Last, but not least, I am thankful that God chose to place Nicholas in our lives. He is a reason to know that God will care for the future, for he loves us enough to present us with a joy that is unobtainable any other way.
Now, I think I can start my quiet day. We will not have Thanksgiving with friends or family today, we are saving that for Christmas. My day is complete though with the thoughts of all and the joy of the Lord present in my life.

1 comment:

ancient one said...

So precious are the Blessings on God! Love the photo of the baby!