Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Obama names

I am settling into having a new first family- almost. Here are their Secret Service names....The "Obama family recently received its new (and alliterative) names: "Renegade" (Barack), "Renaissance" (Michelle), "Radiance" (Malia) and "Rosebud" (Sasha)."
Chigago SunTimes announced.
What wonderful names for the children. I pray that the Lord protects them all.
On another note- Veteran's Day went without a hitch at school. I have four boxes to mail out to the four parents we have deployed currently. More than a third of my students have family members in the Armed Forces. Many more than that have family mmeber who have once served. The stories were interesting and the day was good.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I'm confused by this secret service thing. Why give them all new names if it's not secret?

Janette said...

I wondered the same thing. What I found out by reading the article is that these are more like nicknames- easy to hear and say. They don't worry about them becoming public since they will then not have to worry about someone "cracking the code". Safer in the open I guess.