Tuesday, November 18, 2008



The trees outside the front window are bare. The one to the left is always the last to turn and fall. I am not sure why this is. Maybe it is the oldest.

Scott is beginning to play in the barn more. He said he would help me set "Jennifer's room" for quilting for the winter. Quilting used to come easily. Even remembering those times is sometimes difficult. Working with the fabric to make something of joy. Purchasing pieces of cotton- where ever the road leads. My favorite memory was staying up all night to make something special with a friend. Those were good times that would be welcome again.

Darkness no longer scares me as it did in my past. The sunset is not the end of the day, but the beginning of a new adventure.

2 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Isn't it funny how our trees in the gardens have individual personalities regarding leaf color, height, shedding? My trees all have distinct leaf-drop patterns and they have remained consistent throughout the years.

Sunset . . . I adore it! Twilight is my favorite time of day. I am simply draw out of doors to dance in the fading beams and growing shadows. Never been afraid! I'm a night owl (can you tell?) and always have been. I married one too -- neighbors have always wondered if we sleep at all. : )

Carrie said...

Great picture.

Janette, I've given you an award on my blog.