Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Years 2009

My resolutions

1) Shake it off and move on. This will be my new mantra. I am not saying that I will be totally successful, but I need to take a different perspective on somethings. I have the very bad habit of dwelling on negative, especially when it comes to going back to Arizona. It was a tough time when we lived there for me. Somehow, at the end of this trip, I took the words of my son and sister to heart and my new mantra began.
People, in general, mean to do the right thing. They may see the right thing as different as what I view as the right thing. The best way for me to handle those things I get upset about are----shake it off and move forward. We are healthy, alive, have God in our lives and plenty of food on the table- what else is there? (OK- books- lots of books. Scott would say "Wood- lots of wood")

2) Figure out a budget and quite worrying about the rest. This might be the add on to the above mantra:>) I get hyper over saving money and in turn spending it. In general though, I am good at both. Why get in a dither about it? I may blog more about saving and investing. That is not the same thing as worry.

3) Walk, Walk, Walk and play with the doggies

That is it. Just three. It will be a wonderful year.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Hi Janette,
Thanks for the comment on my blog.
Cheers!
Tom

Teresa said...

Love the new mantra! I pray you are successful with it.
I changed mine when I was diagnosed with my disease. I truly don't sweat the small stuff anymore, and not most of the big stuff either. Things have a way of working out.
Have a Blessed New Year Janette. Maybe sometime when you are in Phoenix we can have coffee.