Sunday, February 15, 2009

Do you ever wonder?


I wonder how God feels when a person tells someone else they are simply not good enough to be a part of the Church. Not a Bishop or even a priest, but simply a member who has never heard a confession or knows the disposition of a soul.
I wonder what the judgement would be if that listener was on the border and choose not to return on the recommendation of the person who presents themselves as the Church? Who continued to chide that the person is not good enough- in their opinion.
I wonder what Jesus' following would be like if every person he felt was not worthy- He told to go away. My study and faith is that He would never turn His back on someone who continues to seek.
"Oh Lord I am not worthy that you should come to me. Only say the word and my soul will be healed."
I am so thankful that my faith tells me that God is loving and forgiving.

2 comments:

Renee said...

None of us are good enough and if we are striving to seek the truth, we're doing our best. But when we dig in our heels like an obstinate child and refuse to even try to understand Church teachings, then we are not opening ourselves up to Christ and He is not able to enter since the door is being shut on Him

Janette said...

I believe that those who attempt to shut the door for others will pay a mighty price in the end...much more than the one who is attempting to see Him any way they can.