Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Thankful



The photo hunt this week is thankful.

I am truly thankful that my grandmother lived long enough to have this picture taken with my Dad. The resemblence to so many of my sibblings is amazing.I am thankful to see Dad was loved and she was happy- no huge smile- just calm.

I pray for/ with my grandmother often. In fact I ask all of my grandparents to help me pretty often- and now I have included my Dad.

I did not know my grandmother. She passed away shortly after this photo was snapped. Somehow, I feel I have always known her. And for that I am thankful.

Mary Louise and Neddie Mullan about 1929.

4 comments:

Renee said...

I'm sure you've noticed the resemblence between your dad and your grandson.

ancient one said...

precious memories.. I wish I had pictures of my mom's parents... and there are none of my mom until after she was married... Thanks for sharing..

Janette said...

Renee- I sent this picture to my daughter ans said the same thing. Amazing, isn't it!

Carrie said...

What a sweet picture.