Saturday, May 02, 2009

Absentee

My life has been a whirl lately. The end of school keeps me hopping. We are staying until 6 most nights doing extra projects for students and getting celebrations ready. Taking a day long class in the middle of the week did not help the flow of things last week. I was hoping to get into the Mayan culture in more depth. Next year I will attempt to get to the topic earlier.
Monday is in service. The day will be spent on the new anti bully program. WE are going with a program that states that the bully knows they are powerful and uses that. It is not a self esteem issue. When our students took an in depth survey we found, by looking over shoulders, that those who bully do not consider themselves a bully. If they are so powerful, then I would think they would know they were a bully. Any....
Wednesday is "Schools in Review". we should have about 300 fifth graders in the building with their parents. My class is hoping to have a PowerPoint of the year up and running for the evening. Everyone is ready to do a page. Can I possibly get it all on my computer in time????
Thursday is the celebration for the new teachers.
Friday is a retirement party for our principal....
Unfortunately, that means my time here is VERY limited. I will either not be here at all OR, if I am stressed out, I will be posting early in the morning. Let's hope the former happens and we all have an excellent week!

2 comments:

ancient one said...

I hope you don't stress too much... so you can come tell us what you're doing...but if we don't hear from you for awhile we'll definitely know why... Hope all goes well...

Cindy said...

I'm praying for a good week for you, Janette!