Monday, May 18, 2009

Graduation

My godson has had a very rough few years. Auto accidents, freak truck vs skateboard accident, difficult classes and just all around growing up. Saturday I was privileged to watch him walk across the stage and receive his diploma from ASU. You really have to know this kiddo. He was climbing before he could walk and skating before he could run. He has always had a job- finding a way to get the next cool thing on the block. The accidents took a toll and it has been a rough journey back. My part has been prayer- lots and lots of prayer. We have never really communicated- but the prayer has always been there. I have a special prayer I say every Communion for him. He is close to my nightly prayers. I am delighted that God saw fit to let him be the man he is. This kiddo is going places. My prayer is right behind (and will sometimes be in front) of him. He has everything to offer the world. I am looking forward to the world seeing him in a college graduate light!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulation to your godson! What a blessing you are and will remain to him throughout his life.

Cindy said...

It is really neat that your godson accomplished this! What an inspirational story for others who struggle as he did.
He is very fortunate to have you as a godmother too!