Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I don't care how he signed it

I care that he did sign it.

"WASHINGTON (March 24) -- Anything but jubilant, President Barack Obama awkwardly kept a promise today he made to ensure passage of historic health care legislation, pledging the administration would not allow federal funds to pay for elective abortions covered by private insurance."
That is why I have a Republican congressman- who has the legislative things in order.
The poor (and those of us who find ourselves or our adult children unemployed) get covered and babies are still taken care of. I am especially excited about the new funding for women who are pregnant.
Maybe they shouldn't be covered? They got themselves into that situation? They are poor- why should we care?
Hope those so opposed never avail themselves of the money or care (or their adult children). That is the only way to actually prove you think it is wrong. Of course if something should go wrong- it is there for you anyway.

1 comment:

Renee said...

I have to admit I didn't read the health care bill but I doubt many that voted on it read all 2400 pages either.