Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Yes, the market IS up

So many lamented after the crash- but I haven't heard much since the market has gone up. Maybe it doesn't work for some people politically- that the economy is starting to roll.
Yes, housing is a mess. It was made a mess by people who financed way above their means. You COULD blame it on the banks- but how about a bit of personal responsibility here? We rented for ten years, why not them?
And if you CHOOSE to live in a union state, I have no sorrow that your particular place may never recover. Although unions were good in the past- they have grown out of control.
I am starting to follow the financial philosopher. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Personally, I am happy to be in the market and watch my meager retirement grow. My hubby turns 60 this year and we plan on living frugally fun for a very long time.

1 comment:

Renee said...

I'm right there with you on the housing mess. If you can't afford it don't buy it...if one is foolish enough to take out a crazy mortgage then one may suffer a loss. We only have the house we have because of an inheritance and previous gain on a house sale...otherwise we would be in a smaller home. I would not have a $2000 mortgage