Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It is travel time again.


Every year I swear off traveling to see family during the holidays.
^^^^^BUUUZZZZ^^^^
Never works.
The travel begins next week.
All my travel will be done by air this time.
Have I told you how much I hate to fly?

One of the worst things about winter travel is being stuck.
After spending my share of nights in Chicago's airport- I no longer see it as an adventure!
The carrot is that our tiny city has talked American Airlines into flying in and heading to Dallas!
I head to the airport (one gate) forty minutes before boarding. The three guards check us all out. Since most of my seat mates are soldiers flying to or from war- the plane is ladened with interesting items:>) If one is bored- you can always lean over and watch one of their slide shows of family (go to war) or the desert (coming home).

It is always a kick to fly south to fly north- but that is what I do to see my daughter in Maryland. That is also what I do to see my son in Tacoma. At least when heading to see my mother in Phoenix, it makes sense.

I am off. The next three months I will be in Maryland, Tacoma, LA and Phoenix. The three months after that I will be driving the state of Kansas. My final stop will be Phoenix for two weeks in March. I have a feeling I will hit Maryland another time in the summer.

Retirement? Heck, I am tired just thinking about it!

Any travel in your future? have you found a less expensive way to get from here to there? How often do you see your family who lives in another state?




2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Jeanette,
I hate flying also, so the 8-9 hours each way into the States gives me anxiety attacks even thinking about them. Normally we end up heading in twice a year. This year will be three (five for dh) due to his parents' illnesses and deaths. We like to take trains when we travel in Europe.

b said...

I can relate to this on so many levels. You hit the nail on the head...the adventure is long gone!!! Thank heavens I am not afraid to fly and really like the feeling of going very fast. But I do miss my family. I am hoping that we can get them to come to us once in a while.

b

http://www.retireinstyleblog.com

Thank you for stopping by.