Sunday, February 06, 2011

Family

My extended family is a strange assortment of people.
We are as different from each other as we are the same.
It is difficult to believe we grew up in the same house-
since none of us really has any memories of the others.
I do know the competition for anything was fierce-
attention, money, space, sports, time, cars, praise, grades.
We all went to good schools, took lessons and played tennis.

Still, forty years later we can depend that
at least one of us will step up for another in a pinch.
My sister did for my brother this month.
It has been a long road for both of them
both lost spouses- from very different things.
But the loss is there.
I can view it from the outside
but the support is there in the end.

I guess it works out - sometimes.

No comments: