Thursday, February 17, 2011

How to work with someone who drives you crazy.

It happens.
You end up with someone on your team
who rushes to be first done- no matter how well done,
who constantly questions what you are doing,
who does not know how to compliment a fellow worker
causing that worker to feel that they are not good at the job.

Several thing you can do:
casually mention the problems.
be focused and simply get the work done.
pull the person aside and work though to solutions.
and if all else fails
give less hours.





3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Why do I get the feeling that this has been an all-of-the-above situation for you? Is it now over?

Satisfyingretirement said...

Usually a person like that has self-esteem or self-worth issues. Compliments will probably result in a smoother working relationship, even when you really would rather bop them on the head.

Bob

Janette said...

Yes, it is almost over.
I am sure you are correct Bob. I've tired the compliments- and even giving "special work" only to be stabbed with overtime hours that were way out of line.
AGGG!
I was given permission not to work them at all. I opted out since they need the money and, when supervised, actually do a pretty good job. This week I am going to try putting them in a different space than anyone else- that I can still see.
ONE MORE WEEK!
I am simply not a good supervisor- knew it a long time ago and should have stuck to it:>)