Friday, April 22, 2011

Today's hole

Remember the hole from last week? The ones the moles made in my new garden bed? The one I filled with dirt and rocks and twigs? Well, this one appeared after last night's rain. The last holes were about the size of a silver dollar. This one- the size of a fist.
Do you think God was telling me something?
I have been trying to fill my own hole in my life with things
Trips and applications and thoughts of working
But the reality is I need to just relax and understand
the hole is there for a reason
and it is time to take some real energy with it.
I got out my "junk fabric" and started to play.
Here is the beginning of my first quilt
after 30 years of not quilting
I am nervous that it will not live up to my expectation
but is that all a part of the hole?

I finally went for a walk with the dogs. I don't have to go far to find things to enjoy
the trees are amazing this time of year
time to sit back,
enjoy where I am planted
and begin
just begin
to fill in that hole
with the things that really
will make me whole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice - c

Kimberly said...

Love your quilt!!