Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Slow cooking

Pull out that crock pot.
There are so many good meals waiting for you.

An easy start?
Two chicken breasts and two drum sticks
An onion sliced - not diced
Uncooked carrots- cut in chunks
Potatoes- we do small reds cut in quarters
Drained can of black beans
Pepper
A bottle of our favorite Mexican sauce
4- 6 hours at low.

Or
Stew meat- quickly browned
Root vegetables- your choice Potatoe,carrot,turnip, onion, Garlic(3 cloves minced)
A can of drained Northern beans
1 T virgin oil
Can of diced tomatoes (often flavored with herbs)
Pepper
Some red pepper flakes
My husband puts in a bottle of beer and Worcester sauce - several tablespoons.
6 hours at low- can go all day.

Last? My dauter's
several boneless pieces of chicken
An 8 oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
A small can of pineapple
4-6 hours

We used to cover the meat with liquid
Slowly we let go of it
We were really boiling the meat.
My sister puts no liquid I at all
As long as there is fat on the meat.

My daughter makes lazagna in the pot

I love my crock pot and use it several times a week.
Cooking is not tough
I'll be putting up a few more ideas soon.

Do you have a crockpot easy to share?

4 comments:

Renee said...

my crockpot died and I was not having good results with two different new ones... after emailing the company, I discovered they've raised the temp of low... so I have to shorten my cooking times and/or use the warm setting

Barbara Torris said...

OK, I'm hungry!

Thank you for the comment.

b

RAnn said...

A favorite here is a boneless beef roast (usually a shoulder roast) in the crockpot with a package of dried onion soup mix. Cook all day. Shred the meat and serve on French bread.

Janette said...

Sounds good! I haven't tried a full roast.