Friday, May 04, 2012

Heart strings

The first year of marriage was spent on one of my obsessions
Researching, we traveled to see every Van Gogh in free Europe.
It was an adventure
We would get on a train and travel for the weekend to another country
sometimes the museum was just about to close.
There is something amazing about standing in front of his work.
It pulls you in and spits you out.

Some go to see the Monets, or the Rembrants.
Those are well loved by me as well
But it is the Van Gogh that brings rest in the movement.
Maybe, someday I will be able to sit in a room with one for several hours.

Another quest.

3 comments:

Renee said...

what a fun adventure

Kimberly said...

I am a Van Gogh girl, myself.

Galen Pearl said...

I still have the most vivid memories of seeing a Van Gogh exhibit in Amsterdam years ago. No flat print even begins to capture the movement and texture. It still haunts me.