Saturday, September 08, 2012

And time goes on

An acquaintance from Facebook posted her husband passed this morning.
He had not been well, so he slept in a separate room
She went to awaken him- and he was gone.

I have long admired this particular woman.
Her work is sacred because she is a nurse who works with families who lose a baby while it is still in the womb. Her ministry is to help deliver the baby and, if requested, wrap the baby for the parents to hold. She takes foot prints, pictures and pieces of hair.

The grief that she deals with is off the charts when it comes to how Americans tend to handle things. She openly deals with the loss of life that has occurred.
I have not experienced that loss myself, but I have witnessed it through my close family members. I have seen, first hand, when the loss is not dealt with it rips a family apart. They point and blame other things, but I see it start at that loss.

And now she will deal with her own loss- and the loss within her family. He was in his early 50s. She is not yet 50. There is one child still at home. They just celebrated their 26th anniversary. I cannot imagine.

Sometimes I am such a narrow minded wimp.

3 comments:

ancient one said...

so sorry for your friend's loss...

Linda Myers said...

Oh, how awful. My thoughts are with you and also with her.

Kimberly said...

Tammy is amazing and our prayers are with her. It does give one pause and another reminder to count our blessings.