Friday, September 14, 2012

Five weeks in and why?

Leaving retirement for a full time job is not fun.
Actually I love the job. The students are interesting and the work is challenging.
 I just miss retirement.
I miss:

chatting with my grandson on Skype
Hanging out with my husband on the boat

listening to the birds while sitting in the chair my husband made
watching the sun rise and set
READING
walking with the dogs
having low blood pressure
sleeping
talking to my mom
talking to my daughter at a regular time of the day
getting the housework done during the week
cooking a good meal
knowing what is going on in the world
museums
Hugs for my birthday
being 30 and thinking I CAN do it all

What I am getting in return:
Life changing conversations with students
learning how to organize cooking for 30 (that mean 30 of THEM are cooking:>)
PRAYER with a friend daily
a different appreciation of my husband

It certainly is giving me a different look at retirement. I am SO glad I did not attempt to go overseas to teach again. I cannot imagine doing this alone. No way.
I get it God. Thanks for the preview!


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

It is so good you can look at both sides of the equation. I have a hard enough time having 2 cooking - cannot imagine 30! No wonder your blood pressure it up a little bit!

Retired English Teacher said...

It would be hard to go back to work again for me too. I have returned to work several times since retiring. It is always an adjustment, there is much to miss, but, as you have stated so well, there is much to gain also.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope to get to know you better.