Sunday, September 30, 2012

Today is my birthday and tomorrow starts the second six weeks of school.

I am prepared to put in my "I will not be returning after Christmas" letter.
I am missing too much!

Today the day was spent with several walks- at the lake, in the neighborhood,
a leisurely read in the back yard with an amazingly good book,
a chat with good friends and family,
several chats with my grandson,
and a romp with the dogs.
Then about a hour was spent in the classroom
getting ready for tomorrow
and the lesson is not even close to comfortable.

It sealed the deal for me.

Losing retirement just strengthened my resolve to get it back.
Painting countertops, road trips to mom's, DisneyWorld,
time with my son and daughter in law
all parts that are missed by choosing a contract.

Looking forward to January!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm with you, life is too short and you seem like me in that you make work a priority and then miss out on what you really want to do!

Kimberly said...

Good for you, Janette!

Renee said...

Sounds like you are making the right decision

Barb said...

I am absolutely with you. I could not make a commitment to a day to day job. Glad youre returning to a more full retirement. IN the future is there some way you can maximize the teaching experience so that you can tutor or work at wil? Believe it or not its the winter when I appreciate retirement the most..nothing like leaving my jammies on till ten am.