Sunday, November 11, 2012

Simple Days


Church in the early morning
just our voices singing praises.
A simple meal of meat, onions and potatoes
will be cooked at six.
A chat with our children
who live so far away.
A walk with the dogs
in the chilly wind of fall.
Picture taking of the trees
in their final glory before the winter freeze.
Doing the laundry.
Reading a book.

I'll have time to think of all of my veterans
My father- who served just after WWII.
My father in law- who served in the Pacific on the Anolea Gay.
My grandfather- who manned big guns during the Great War.
My husband- who served during Vietnam.
My daughter and son in law- who served using foreign tongues.
My son - who still serves.

Thank you to all of you. Because of you I can have a simple day!


2 comments:

Linda Myers said...

Yep. Because of them. Please say thanks from me to those around you for their service.

Kimberly said...

Lots of pride in your family military service!