Monday, July 01, 2013

A different turn

We all know that life takes you in many directions.
Some of those are turns you might wish you never took.
Others are turns that you have no idea of the outcome.

So, I am going to take a turn on this blog.

Having grandchildren changes you. 

My first is a joy and just beginning to be at an age that I will have to really get in shape to keep up with.  Going camping and hiking with him is a huge incentive to getting in shape. 
Now there will be two more to keep up with. 

Currently, I can walk on flat land for miles and miles.  With the weight that has been gathered in the last  thirty one years, up and down hills is a pain.  Walking the Grand Canyon with my grandson will be a challenge unless things turn NOW!

This will be a chronicle of that challenge. 

My plans are to get rid of the extra baggage that has been holding back my love for the out of doors.  
Today marks the beginning of an 
Eighty Pound weight loss. 
Not as thin as my wedding pictures, but thin enough to put on a backpack and play in the woods.
My hopes are that my grandchildren will see the person I am. Growing up in rural Phoenix, riding my bike five miles to school, hiking in the Arizona and Colorado mountains, playing tennis and baseball, riding motorcycles, swimming in the oceans, being crazy adventurous.

We plan on going to Israel three months after my son gets home from war.
That is my goal. 
He gets home from war.
He arrives to a wonderful small family of his wife and child.
And I am a slimmer. more vital self, ready to move forward with my life and living.

This size of body is ridiculous. 
My numbers are good---but I cannot carry it and a 40 lbs pack at the same time!
Time for a walk!


2 comments:

Retired English Teacher said...

I'm with you on this. I hear you loud and clear. I can relate. You go girl.

Jen said...

Woot woot!! Lets do this! :)