Monday, July 01, 2013

Goal One- Day One

SMART Goal one is,  "Under 200".

I would like to accomplish this by December 30. 
Have a bet with my son in law to lose 30 lbs before Christmas. 
This will get me past the 200 mark.
If I am at the 200 mark at the end of the year,
 I will have accomplished this goal 
(even if I lose the bet with my sil and have to give him the 100 bucks).

Boy this is scary to put this in writing.

This is the weight I put on after my husband left the Army- 17 years ago in December.
It was gained mostly in the last seven years
 while dealing with stressful extended family situations and a stressful job.  
Letting both of these things go will be my other goal during this time.

Indifference instead of intense dislike. 

Any input will be appreciated along the way- as long as it is encouraging.
Of course if I divert from my healthy living blog and go into politics
comment any way you would like!

This blog is going to get some serious work outs!



9 comments:

Barb said...

Good for you. My only advice is take it slow or you will burn out. And know that some weeks you will lose and some weeks you wont. One month I lost over ten, the next month two. And Im sure diet gurus probably hate this one, but sunday is my day to ignore the diet.......

Jen said...

Lets do this! :)

Renee said...

In 4 wks I've been able to lose the cruise weight by just not snacking and doing a little exercise.
I would like to lose about 20-25 lbs - need to get more serious about exercising

Suzanne said...

Janette,

Congratulations on having made a decision to reduce your weight and get healthy for your grandchildren and for your self. I wish you the very best of luck.

Elena LaVictoire said...

The first step is the hardest so congratulations on that!

Janette said...

Thank you ladies. It is a step. It is good to know I have a bit of a team.

Kimberly said...

Add me to your cheering leading team! And I need to join the losing team!!

Tamara Reddy said...

Regardless of how much weight you lose (or not), making changes like this will immensely improve the quality of your life beginning on Day One, so I'm thrilled for you as you embark on this journey.

I hope you'll keep us informed here on how these changes are making you feel on a day to day basis, which to me is the real point and reward, vs a simple number on a scale. :-)

RAnn said...

I've got to take off a bunch too. I'm pretty good at getting it off--up to a point, then I get tired of it all. The reality is that if I preferred salads and exercise to web surfing and sweets I wouldn't have a weight problem. I'm the classic yo-yo dieter who changes for a while