Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Moving forward with the military

As much as I enjoyed looking out the window
and gardening
and just reflecting
and helping my family

Today I stepped in
and things will be different quickly.

The military has a group of volunteers
that help the spouses and family members
of those serving overseas.

Yes, we are still in a war.

There are still families who are left at home
to raise families,
to care for the house,
to pray for their soldier's safety.

There is a team of people who help those families.
When we were in the military
those teams did not exist and we simply did the best we could with little guidance.
There was a group here that did not have a team in place.
So....off to work I go.

I don't know if I am up for all of the work this is going to take.
We shall see.
But, I hope that I can count on you
for prayer.

Moving forward!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Count on prayers for you in your new endeavor and for the families you serve.