Wednesday, March 05, 2014

From Ashes to

The homily I heard today is one I have not heard in a very long time.
It was "rules".
The service I went to was on a military post...

 Here was the gist as I heard it:

Confession is an bi annual review of your life.
If you can get there more often, great.
Otherwise, take the time and work through it.
This is the perfect time of year.

Have you been lurking and peering where you shouldn't be?
Has the Internet been a downfall
with the thought that "it doesn't really hurt anyone to look"?
Have you taken yourself out of a state of grace
 by being lazy with your practice of coming to see God?
Have you been snide in what you think of others
 even if you don't say it out loud?

If you can say yes,
then you have taken yourself out of the state of grace
that enables you to receive Christ in His full presence.

Ow!
Back to work!


2 comments:

Barbara Torris said...

I loved this post and the thoughts about Lent. Even though I am not a Catholic that confesses to my transgression, I am mindful of the ripples on the water that are a result of my actions.

Be well.

Skyline Spirit said...

pretty nice blog, following :)