Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Frozen (and I don't mean the movie)

Does anyone else get the sense that we have been frozen in the US?
Not just the weather,
Which we have been having more then our fair share of,
but the savings rate?

I gamble a bit in the stock market.
That is exactly how the market feels to me.
Gambling
It is risky business.
There are machines that seem to manipulate the market faster and faster these days.
Really, a four hundred point fluctuation in two days.
Really?
At our ages, we should not be taking many chances.
Still, it is what I feel compelled to do in order to keep ahead of inflation.

My husband has chosen to stay with savings accounts.
His entire IRA accumulation made $3.72 last month.
Let me put that in perspective.
This is his set of IRA accounts from the last 16 years.
$3.72.
That is enough to buy just a squeeze over one gallon of gas.
That is 1% of our electric bill last month.
Burrrr in so many ways.

Done.

Back to thinking about the spring and planting.
Have you ordered any seeds yet?



No comments: