Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Invention of Wings

I rarely write about the books that are on my shelf.
Reading one or two a week keeps me moving forward.
There are some meditation books that simply stay in place
and are read over and over again.
Historical Fiction is my favorite genre.

Invention of Wings.
Picked it up after reading Secret Lives of Bees.
That book "read" quickly. Set in the 1960's south.
It was good, but not great.

Invention of Wings is almost excellent.
Following the life of a Southern woman,
moving for society to Quaker,
moving from rich to poor.

The writer also followed the life of the slaves of the household.

The book answered many questions for me
as to how things could have been
and were in certain cases.

I am being round about.
This book is worth a read.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'll add it to my list. Did you see my most recent read? End of life book club? Highly recommend.

Barbara Torris said...

I see that this one is one an Amazon Best List. It looked very interesting.