Friday, March 27, 2015

I forgot the "before" pictures! or Cleaning is driving me crazy

This month of cleaning has done two things to me:
1) I am throwing and giving away more things then I thought I owned.
2) I am becoming OCD.

Good Will now knows me by name.
There are people who watch Craigs List
 just to find out what we are getting rid of today.
My local pantry asks me questions about the spices I bring
and my kids no longer answer the,
"Do you want this?" question.

The OCD is a whole other thing
I suppress my inner need for perfect
It is important to my happiness
I hate things messy and out of place.
BUT it is better for them to be out of place then
driving myself and others crazy to keep them in place.

Having a front door screen missing paint
or chips on the back door
AGGGGG!
Wires from the ceiling,
Lack of curtains,
unkept beds,
pans handles not going the same way,
dust on the floor of the closet,
They all drive me wild
so I have spent many years ignoring.

All these things have come to light now that we are cleaning.
Guess what? I am enjoying the cleaning experience
and have every intension of keeping my new house
much more "up to snuff".

If you know anyone in need of a small horse ranch
in the middle of God's country
ours is almost ready
with the exception of the small missing piece of plastic
on the front of the green house.
Where IS that thing?

Next time- just pictures!


No comments: