Sunday, March 22, 2015

Moving cannot be put into words.

 We started our move by looking out the window.
Leaving such beauty is either wise or silly.
Some days it feels like both.
We love our Kansas home and property.
 Moving includes packing things that should never have to be packed
This art piece is 5feet by 7 feet.
My husband built a crate.
We must be mad to do this.
 You have to eliminate things.
Some are easy- others you have to think about a great deal.
Will we need this car seat for a visiting child in the future?
What will car seats look like when that child actually visits?
And then there is the actual physical moving of stuff.
Don't ask me how my husband does it.
No way.
If it were up to me the next house would be empty.
But he does it.
I am exhausted thinking about him moving it!
We plan on driving the 1200 miles at least seven times.
Of course I would choose the one week that the snow was so cold
that it froze my windshield wiper fluid.
Messy.
And now the staging.
Yes, we did what every financial person in the world tells you not to do
We bought our new house before putting our current house on the market.
While my husband is moving in furniture in Delaware
I am moving around much less furniture in Kansas.

There are no words that describe moving.
It is an end and a beginning.
For us, the time has come to be closer to one of our two children and their families.
But leaving Kansas,
It is not for the weak of heart!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
thriftyatsixty said...

Janette,
I feel your pain. And it is one of the major reasons why, if I can do it, will NEVER move. Just the thought puts me in a tizzie.
However, if they raise my property taxes anymore, I'll be outta here so fast, you'll see nothing but skid marks in the driveway.
Hang in there. Next year at this time, this will all be a fond memory. :)

Tom Sightings said...

'Course, I'm not a woman; but I suspect moving is a little bit like childbirth. It hurts a lot, and it takes a while to forget the pain before you want to do it again. And also, it gets harder and harder as you get older!

Janette said...

Great Analogy Tom!
Property taxes is one of our reasons for leaving Cindi. They are not as high as some places, but the inability to control their going up drives us crazy!