Friday, August 07, 2015

On the search for a great diner

Two weeks ago we went to the Country Eatery for breakfast
Set on a main street
We were concerned it may not be very good
We were SO wrong.
This small eatery was excellent.
I had:
THE LITTLE CREEK
2 Poached Eggs over a Crabcake
on English Muffin topped with
Hollandaise Sauce & served
with Home Fries

My eyes rolled to the back of my head as
Hollandaise tingled on my tongue 
while the crab cake melted away.

We determined this would be a "go to" place when family was in town.
But
It was about ten miles away
How about something close to the house

Magnolia Diner is about
two miles away.
The menu was extensive
That should have been 
our first clue.
Worst diner I have 
been to in a very long time.

There are three other diners near us.
Should we try another one?Slugmama says to try 
Where Pigs Fly
That one may be the next on our list!

2 comments:

Cindi said...

I love diners! We have a great one here around 10 to 15 minutes away. Worth the trip. Excellent food and priced right. Treasure it!

Kimberly said...

I vote YES to trying WhenPigsFly!