Thursday, August 20, 2015

That hurt! Stocks on the move!

Half of my retirement money is in the market.
OW!

My husband got out entirely on Monday.
Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

 Disney
 took a huge hit today
because someone decided that cable tv was going to disappear soon.
Really?
Somehow they missed the part about Star Wars coming out in December.
But that is a whole other story.

Most of my investments are stable companies
They all went negative.
Still ahead, my thought is to go ahead and get out.
The last drop was like this-
drip, drip, splat!
Hummmm
I will have to sleep on it.

There was this huge "patting on the back" procession
in the last two years
that things are back to normal.

I guess they are not!


4 comments:

Cindi said...

If you get out now, you are locking in your loses. Don't do it. The stock market ALWAYS comes back. It did in 1987, 2001 and 2008. And that's just on our lifetimes. If the money invested is not for immediate use, leave it alone. It may take years, but it will come back.
My car fund is in the S&P 500. I have enough in it to eventually double thus buy me a new car. Do I need a new car now? NO. So, I'll wait.
Today's going to be another tough day.
The global market is in decline. UGH!

Next year is an election year.
If we get a good president, things will be better.
Good luck!

Sharon Anck said...

Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving a comment. Yes, the Wilo area is still doing wonderfully in fact, it's probably one of the most popular historic neighborhoods in Phoenix, I plan on posting photos from all 35 historic neighborhoods so I will get to Wilo soon. It sounds like you grandparents moved in there when the neighborhood was new.

RAnn said...

I'm with Cindi; if you get out now you lock in your losses. Stocks are now on sale; if anything it is time to buy more. That being said, assuming this downturn lasts, I think it will be our last fully invested in growth stocks.

Janette said...

Well, I sold my stocks that gained and kept a few that I thought would grow no matter what. So far, so good.
Thinking about rental properties --lol...