Saturday, April 30, 2016

Gardening

The front yard is a mess
but that is not my interest
nor my choice for a money hole.

Instead the garden grows on the side of the house.
My husband built a raised garden for me.
My knees are not great these days.
We added twenty bags of dirt and the compost.
He built a cage around it.
It was planted last week. 
Tomatoes, peas, peppers, carrots, spinach.
Just before the rain came.
The peas got fried before the rain appeared.
We may have to reseed in a few weeks.
The pots took on the plants
that love to take space.

Last year the rabbits ate my raspberries and blueberries to the ground.
We caged them in February.
They seem to be making a come back.
Planted garlic in October.
Have no idea when to pick them.
That tall middle tree fell during one of our big winds last month
Now it is curing for next year.

Yes, Spring is finally here!

3 comments:

Tom Sightings said...

That's a lotta wood!

Kimberly said...

Thought you were retired!! LOL.

Janette said...


The wood should see us through many years. The worry is that one of the trees closer to the house will decide to do the same thing!
This is what retirement looks like for me :) After 30 years of driving to work- it is in my back yard!