Saturday, April 09, 2016

New baby and old traditions.

Our newest grand arrived last week.
She is precious.
She also has joined a household of two rough and ready boys!
Her two year old brother will teach her to jump from anywhere.
Her eight year old brother will teach her to read and do Minecraft.
My life has been put on hold
while I make dinners and rock children to sleep.
It is a good life.

Our religious traditions continue in two weeks.
The eight year old receives Holy Communion.
Four weeks later his sister will be Baptized.
These ceremonies are important to the child
but they are also a long standing part of my family.
The part that brings a tear to my eye
is that we are celebrating these passages
in the same community my father's family celebrated
for several hundred years.
Considering my family has never thought of themselves with long roots,
it is important for me to see they are re established here.

My days are long
but there is nothing like them.
What to do in retirement?
Travel?
Adventures?
Family?
The last is the best for me.

4 comments:

Cindi said...

Congratulations! She's lovely.

Love your family traditions. Yes, they are soooooo important.

slugmama said...

Congrats on another journey into Grandma hood!

Tom Sightings said...

Congrats! I think family is best.

Elena LaVictoire said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!