Sunday, May 01, 2016

Downsizing and sets of twelve

We downsized a great deal when we move.
At $1 a piece we made well over a thousand dollars
and wrote off many more thousands.
After twelve moves, it was time to say good bye to chipped glasses
stuffed animals,
clothing



You get the idea.
Lots and lots of stuff.
We moved. Our children each had two children.
And now they are uneven with three and two.
And the "two family" has plans for more.

Last night I woke in a cold sweat.
Our dining table can seat 12- but we only purchased 10 chairs.
Hey, it was thirty years ago.
Never in my mind did I think we would need twelve.
Mom told me to ask for a set of twelve of my china when we got married.
Ten was plenty I scoffed.
(That is OK since I don't really like my china anymore.)

The hunt for sets of twelve are on.
Maybe I had better make it fourteen, just in case!

So much for downsizing.

4 comments:

Tom Sightings said...

Ha ha. But ... can't the kids use paper plates (that's what we've done)?

Kimberly said...

Mix and match! It's tres chic!

Janette said...

We are mixing and matching, slowly. Still, there is something nice about 12 white plates in the morning.
Tom- we do LOTS of paper plates.

slugmama said...

Darn those kids for discombobulating your table scape! lolz