Friday, September 09, 2016

Ancestry.com

What a trip!
The days have been blooming hot here lately.
Had a heat stroke when I was 18, inside is my safe zone.

We have hit the zoo and lots of the parks this summer
My confession is
Ancestry.com comes in a high second to canning these days.
There are so many interesting stories in my family tree!
 My husband's great grand mother. The plural LDS wife to a man who was also married to her sister.
 My husband's great grandfather - from his mom's side. A Canadian who helped found Utah.
My mother's grandmother. She died in childbirth. Her story seems to begin and end with her. She left no real trace. Thank goodness someone took two pictures and put them in the family bible!


I love the names! Granville, Juliathea, Kassiah, Ambrose,Ursula, Marion, Hyrum and so many more.
Farmers, stone cutters, ship captains, merchants (no kings or queens).  Priests, nuns, Quakers, Mormons, Episcopalians, Catholics. Most all of the family tree is from the Ireland and England with a healthy dose of German, maybe some African Americans and at least one---who knows who the father was....

Puzzles!

4 comments:

Linda Myers said...

I get it!

Kimberly said...

I love family history and stories!!

Bonnie said...

I am a genealogy addict! I've been having a wonderful time in retirement devoting time to my tree. I am learning about DNA and genealogy and find it challenging and fascinating. Have you taken DNA test?

Janette said...

Haven't take a DNA test. Until is it actually private- I won't. Something about a company having my DNA that can id me- and all of my children and grandchildren---a bit of "Big Brother". :)