Sunday, November 20, 2016

Stocking up!

This time of year is when I hit the Dollar Store and Walmart.
Stocking up for the "day packages" that we give out.

What is inside?
Chemical hand warmers and stretch gloves
toothbrush and paste
comb
small bar soap
cracker packet (like peanut butter crackers)
socks and
a dollar.

If I find good sales, I also stock up on:
winter hats,
gloves,
more socks,
coffee packets,
blankets.

On Black Friday I always pray that JC Pennys will have their coats on sale.
I try to get some in the medium kid size.
They are great to take to schools in January.

Every little bit helps.
It gets mighty cold here.
I just keep them in my front seat.
Every homeless person is a person first.

This year there is a particular Salvation Army we plan on giving lots of these things to.
We know someone, who chooses to be homeless at this point, who uses their showers.
We are going to do towels and sheets for them.

Do you have suggestions?



3 comments:

Tom Sightings said...

I think you've got it covered. As you say, every little bit helps.

Linda said...

After Christmas gloves, hats and scarves are dirt cheap. I buy these items after Christmas for the next year to give away.

joeh said...

I see where a new trend is to wrap warm scarves around trees for the homeless. Good trend, coats are even better.