Tuesday, December 06, 2016

The weather is cooling

Delaware has been having its normal warm fall.
We just got back from California and Thanksgiving with the "kids" and their kids.

Tonight the rain is coming down and the temperature is dropping.
Glad to see winter begin to sweep in.

Starting my projects for winter.
Five sets of hand warmers for the littles in my life are first.

I am thinking of making a car seat warmer for my smallest grand.

My next project will be to take apart a normal travel pillow
and rework it into an aroma therapy pillow for my daughter's terrible neck.
This one is filled with micro beads.
I will refill it with rice and lavender from my garden.
I'll save the micro beads for a different project.

Outside, the garden is covered with leaves.
Almost all of the dead plants have been cut back.
We took off the cages for our blueberry bushes before we left on our trip.
forgot to put them back on,
and ended up with blueberry stubs---again.
Darn rabbits!

Our propane tank will be checked tomorrow and filled for the winter.
I am thankful for a full tank
knowing it can be accessed even if all of the electricity goes out in the area.

Life is good!



5 comments:

Tom Sightings said...

Yep, the cold is finally arriving ... and you remind me, I have to get one of those collars for my neck.

Barbara - said...

great idea to make for my daughter if I have time. Wondering if Ican just find a pattern for the neck.

Kimberly said...

Ahhhh - what a great retrofit idea for the neck pillow!!

I know winter is coming but each year I am more convinced that a little south of the snow is where I would like to end up. OR keep the snow but somehow not have to drive in it.

Debby Marie said...

I agree, Life is good!

Barbara said...

What a change of weather I would guess - from California to Delaware. Fill the tank and feel secure for the winter. We've even got a little cold front down here in Texas.